Are you looking for the most amazing gravy recipe ever? Well, look no further! You have stumbled upon it! 🙂
My family begs me to make this awesome gravy once a week in the cooler months. Of course, I make it because it’s super simple and tastes absolutely divine..
Shiitake Gravy Recipe:
- ½ onion, minced
- 10 shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced + 1 tsp dried garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried onion powder
- 2 cups veggie broth
- 1 tsp capers
- ½ tsp thyme
- ¼ tsp rubbed sage
- 2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp. tamari (or soy sauce)
- 2 tbsp. arrowroot
- ¼ plain almond milk
- Himalayan pink salt + black pepper to taste
- Sauté onion until light brown (about 10 minutes) Add mushrooms + 1 tbsp. water, cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add garlic, and cook, stirring for 1 more minute.Add the veggie broth, herbs, nutritional yeast, + tamari in a bowl – whisk in the almond milk + arrowroot powder until smooth.
- Add veggie broth mix to onion & mushrooms and stir well.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes
- Season one last time with salt + pepper to taste – and ENJOY! ❤
So try it out! Let me know what you think. I will be posting a recipe tomorrow for a Love Loaf that pairs perfectly with this gravy!
Stay tuned. 🙂
Much love & light,